Many of our products have zero-rated VAT (0%) – but don’t worry, you don’t need to do anything and you will not be charged VAT on these products. For other products (charged above 0% VAT), if you are chronically sick or disabled, you may be able to claim VAT relief on goods for your own personal or domestic use. If you are eligible to claim VAT relief for products you have purchased on, use the form below.



You should complete this declaration if you are ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish.

You can find out more from the Help sheets on the GOV.UK website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on 0300 123 1073.

A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:

  • with a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities
  • with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness

It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.

If you are unsure, you should seek guidance from your GP or other medical professional.