Are you having fewer than 3 bowel movements a week, or have you had difficulty passing stools for several weeks? Then there is a chance that you are suffering from chronic constipation. But don’t worry, we’ve got everything you need to know about it right here.
When you’re not able to control your bowel movements and it causes you to leak you might be suffering from bowel incontinence. This can range anywhere from an occasional leakage while passing gas to a complete loss of bowel control. If this sounds familiar to you, click the ‘Read more’ button below. We’ve got all the necessary information for you.
When bowel problems can be a warning sign
Sudden changes in your bowel habits can be a sign of a viral or bacterial infection, an obstruction, inflammatory bowel disease, or even colon cancer. So if you experience any of the following symptoms, please speak to a nurse or doctor immediately.
- Bloody diarrhoea
- Constipation that lasts for more than 3 weeks
- Unexplained urges to go for a poo
- Black or tarry-coloured stools
- Severe diarrhoea that lasts for more than 2 weeks
- Mild diarrhoea that lasts for 1 week
- Any change in bowel habits that isn’t normal for you